This was the last sewed garment of 2nd Semester and 2nd Year.
Very daunting at the start and to be fair the whole way through. Considering none of us knew about tailoring and this was our first jacket we did not have a clue.
Our lecturers more or less left us too it - if we didn’t have our technicians most of us would not have a jacket to show for, wee angels they were.
We were in groups, again, for this project so we all had to make sure our jackets were cohesive and worked as a collection.
We had a rather stressful situation visa vi fabric, we wanted a wool based fabric, due to its handle and suitability to a tailored jacket, however to get 18 meters (how much our group of 6 needed) of the same fabric was never going to happen unless we bought it in industry. So we had to go with two different fabric, but both were wool based just one was thicker and had cashmere in it.
Sadly our group didn’t get a line - up of out jackets and sadly these are the best pictures I got of mine. (Mostly due to the fact I was still sewing the night before hand-in)
I am really happy with my jacket in the end - especially my stand collar - mmmmm, I’m really looking forward to getting it back after marking…